R E S O U R C E S
Luther Burbank District of California Garden Clubs, Inc. (GCGI)
Organized in 1931, CGCI is the largest nonprofit, volunteer gardening organization in the state of California with over 350 garden clubs and plant societies throughout the state representing more than 21.000 members. CGCI is a member of National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC), Pacific Region.
Discounts are available upon presentation of a CGCI membership card at Participating Sponsors (nurseries and garden centers) and at participating California arboreta and public gardens.
Locally, Sonoma Mission Gardens Nursery offers member discounts: sonomamissiongardens.com
Sonoma County Master Gardeners
The Sonoma County Master Gardeners are a great resource to get answers to many of your gardening questions.
- Call the Master Gardeners in Santa Rosa at (707) 565-2608 (M-F, 9-11 am, 1-4 pm ) Sonoma (707) 938-0127 MWF 1-3 pm
- Email for more detailed questions at MGsonoma@ucdavis.edu
- Stop by the Master Gardeners offices on E. 8th St in Sonoma MWF 1 -3 pm
- Visit the Master Gardeners table at the Friday Farmer's Market, spring through fall, Depot Park, 270 1st St W, Sonoma, CA, 9 am-noon
Wendy Krupnick’s Resources
- California Climate & Ag Network https://calclimateag.org/
- California Native Plant Society https://www.cnps.org/
- California Phenology Project https://cpp.usanpn.org/
- Carbon Cycle Institute https://www.carboncycle.org/
- CDFA Healthy Soils Initiative https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/
- Daily Acts https://dailyacts.org/
- Hedgerows & Farmscaping for CA Agriculture - CAFF
https://caff.org/hedgerows- farmscaping-for-california- agriculture-guide/
- Resource Conservation Districts https://sonomarcd.org/
- Xerces Society https://www.xerces.org/
Redwood Empire Disposal Services
Recycling and green waste do’s and don'ts: uniGycler.com/residential/sonoma/cotati/composting